- Last Updated on Monday, 21 November 2016 16:01
Is there an upside to ADHD?
Individuals with ADHD often experience daily issues with hyperactivity, inattention and impulsivity as part of their condition. This can bring ongoing challenges in the workplace, at home and in social settings.
Despite these challenges, people often report that there is an
upside to having ADHD and that the unique characteristics of the condition can be harnessed to help them in a variety of settings.
- Last Updated on Friday, 14 October 2016 11:28
- Last Updated on Friday, 14 October 2016 09:34
How to manage boredom in ADHD
Individuals with ADHD often experience frustrating levels of boredom as part of their condition. Boredom in ADHD can be explained by the inadequate dispersion or circulation of dopamine in the brain which can result in less satisfaction being experienced with ordinary tasks hence the frequent search for novel & stimulating activities (Letitia Sweitzer. M.Ed. ADDitude Magazine).
As boredom also plays a significant role in three main ADHD symptom areas of inattention, impulsivity and hyperactivity it can have a debilitating impact on work & personal lives e.g. ability to complete non-stimulating tasks at work and engaging in high-risk behaviours.
- Why misdiagnosis of adult females with ADHD is commonplace
- Bipolar Disorder Conference 23 May 2016
- Adult ADHD - A Great Newspaper Article
- Women with ADHD - the struggle of meeting the dual demands of a household and career
- Lisa Walton - Diagnosis at 36
- Swimming the Cole Classic and Supporting ADDults with ADHD
- Does Adult ADHD always have a childhood onset?