The "News" page provides general information that the News Team at ADDults with ADHD think might be of interest or value to our members and visitors. The articles are for information and interest only. ADDults with ADHD does not endorse any particular treatment, theory, service or organisation mentioned in the articles.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 17:40
- Written by Ray Steele
Macquarie ADHD Parent Support Group (previously NELDA) are hosting a presentation by David Hong, Mental Health Counsellor and Family Therapist, on the topic The Importance of Family Support for Kids and Teens with ADHD on Thursday July 31 from 7pm to 9pm at 49 Wicks Road North Ryde.
David has worked in both the Catholic and public school systems, also various health facilities - specifically working with challenging children and teens, including ADHD. He is known for his collaborative approach with family interventions and school collaboration.
Plenty of time will be allowed for questions.
- Last Updated on Monday, 26 August 2013 17:17
- Written by Ray Steele
ADDults with ADHD sends out several Information Packs every week to people who contact the Helpline looking for information or referral to a professional. It is one of the valuable assets that our organisation has found very effective in educating the community. You may have seen some of the material on an information table at one of our Annual Conferences or at an Awareness Afternoon.
The fact sheets are often reviewed to ensure that they remain up-to-date, relevant and authoritative.
This year through sponsorship from Eli Lilly Australia we have been able to give a few of them a highly professional makeover. The first two facts sheets – About Adult ADHD and Treating Adult ADHD - have been completed. Two further titles in the same format will be completed over the next couple of months.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 30 May 2013 12:51
- Written by News Team
A parent run support group for parents of children or teenagers with ADHD will be meeting Mondays at the Mona Vale Memorial Hall, 1606 Pittwater Road, Mona Vale. Parents can chat, exchange notes, and discuss their experiences with other parents. For more info such as meeting times and upcoming guest speakers please visit: http://www.northernbeachesadhdsupportgroup.com.au/
- The Delta Clinic Presents: ADHD Conference: - A timely dialogue – What makes a gold standard approach to ADHD management, intervention & treatment?
- ADHD - Free Online Uni Course!!
- Achieving Effective Outcomes: Language, Learning & Literacy" 12 & 13 September 2013
- The Developing Brain and Childhood Trauma-June 14th 2013
- ASD in Education Workshop- May 27 2013
- MINDD Forum- May 17-20 2013
- March 26th-School Support for Students with Learning Difficulties: An Interactive Forum